Submissions Welcome: Have you figured out something profound? Ready to share it in a book? We are looking for submissions for non-fiction books that unlock one of life’s secrets. The selection criteria are intense but if this is the right “how” for your story—we’ll know it!
Market: We prefer manuscripts targeted to the adult market. The ideal target is 25- to 59-year-old women.
Genre: Generally speaking, we prefer self-help, how-to, spirituality, and memoir submissions. For an exceptional manuscript those boundaries may exhibit a little flexibility, but they’ll only bend so far. Do keep our genre preference in mind before you submit.
Email to: email@example.com
Subject line: “BOOK SUBMISSION:” followed by your book title
Length: 50,000–80,000 words.
Query letter: Your query MUST include your name and email address in the body of your email, along with title, genre, and word count, a brief 1-2 paragraph interesting synopsis of your story, any relevant credits you may have, and your thoughts on the target reader and how you think the book should be marketed.
Your Submission cover the following:
- What problem does your book solve?
- Vision of your book. Be concise, quick-paced, informative.
- Proposed title of your book—noted within the first couple of paragraphs.
- Author Profile—Why are you the best author to write this book?
- Tell about yourself and your relevant qualifications (professional and personal) that make YOU the expert to write the book.
- Bullet point summary of specific benefits of YOUR book.
- Description of Target Market—Who is the book-buying audience for this book?
- Who will buy the book? Why? Be specific!
- Include any direct sales outlets you can use to contribute to market/sell your book.
- Include any associations or groups you belong to, including number of members,
newsletters, websites, conferences, etc.
- Include a list of key contacts you know who may be willing to provide a pre-publication quote of your book that would help sales/publicity efforts.
If we request a full manuscript: A requested full manuscript is the only submission that should be an email attachment. Please send the full manuscript in Microsoft Word .doc or .docx format. It should be double spaced between lines, with one space after each period. We prefer italics to underlines, minimal formatting (no single character ellipses or spaces between periods in ellipses, no creative ink colors or header styles, and no fancy characters as section breaks), in Times New Roman or similar serif font. The title page should include the title, your name and contact information (including your email address), and an estimated word count. Please include your name, title, and the page number in a single line on the header on each page. (Name / Title / #)
Journey Grrrl Publishing would like to thank you for your interest in submitting your manuscript for our review. Thank you for your support, and best wishes—we really do hope you find the perfect home for your story.